Baked Cortland Apples With Maple Yogurt
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Ground mace||1 Pinch|
|Yogurt/Whipped cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Maple syrup||1 Tablespoon|
1) Pre-heat the oven to 375°.
2) Using a knife, cut off the top of the apple and core it. Make sure that the knife does not cut through the bottom skin.
3) Stuff the apple cavity with the sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mace.
4) Keep the apple in a shallow baking dish with 1/2 inch boiling water on the bottom.
5) Bake in the oven for about 35 to 40 minutes, till the apple is tender.
6) Serve warm yogurt or lightly whipped cream that has been sweetened with maple syrup.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 359 Calories from Fat 118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.7%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.2 mg11.4%
Sodium 12.3 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 55.5 g
Protein 1 g2.4%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 12%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet