Blini With Herbed Yogurt
|Natural yogurt||7 Ounce, flavored with 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint (200 Gram)|
|Chopped fresh dill||1 Tablespoon (For Flavoring Yogurt)|
|Chopped fresh mint||1 Tablespoon (For Flavoring Yogurt)|
|Dry yeast||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||12 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce, warmed (1 1/2 Cups Or 375 Milliliter)|
|Buckwheat flour||4 Ounce (1/2 Cup Or 130 Gram)|
|Plain flour||4 Ounce (1/2 Cup Or 125 Gram)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. To make blini, place yeast, sugar and 1/2 cup / 125 ml / 4 fl oz of the milk in a small bowl. Stand for 5 minutes or until frothy.
2. Place buckwheat and plain flours in a large bowl. Mix to combine. Make a well in the center. Pour yeast mixture and remaining milk into well. Mix until just combined.
3. Place egg white in a separate clean bowl. Beat until soft peaks form. Fold egg mixture into batter. Season with black pepper to taste.
4. Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over a medium heat. Place tablespoons of mixture in pan. You should be able to cook 5-6 blini at a time in a 20-23 cm / 8-10 in frying pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn over. Cook second side for 30 seconds until golden. Place on absorbent kitchen paper. Keep warm in a low oven while cooking the remaining mixture.
5. Serve blini warm or cold topped with a spoonful of yogurt. If desired add semi-dried tomatoes on top.