Tropical Foamy Yogurt Ring
|For the yogurt ring|
|Tropical fruit juice||6 Fluid Ounce (175 Milliliter, 3/4 Cup)|
|Powdered gelatin||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon, 1 Sachet)|
|Low fat natural yogurt||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Lime juice||1 , rind grated finely|
|Physalis||12 (Cape Gooseberries)|
|Lime||1 , juiced|
1. Place the tropical fruit juice in a small pan and sprinkle the powdered gelatine over. Heat gently until the gelatine has dissolved.
2. Whisk the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until they hold soft peaks. Continue whisking hard, while gradually adding the yogurt and lime rind.
3. Continue whisking hard and pour in the hot gelatine and the egg white and yogurt mixture in a steady stream, until everything is smooth and evenly mixed.
4. Quickly pour the mixture into a 1.5 litre / 2 1/2 pint / 6 3/4 cup ring mould. Chill the mould in the fridge until set. The mixture will separate into two layers.
5. Halve, stone, peel and dice the mango. Peel and slice the kiwi fruit. Remove the outer leaves from the physalis and cut in half. Toss all the fruits together and stir in the lime juice.
6. Run a knife around the edge of the ring to loosen the mixture. Dip the tin quickly into cold water and then turn the chilled yogurt mould out on to a serving plate. Spoon all the prepared fruit into the centre of the ring and serve immediately.