Are you ever looking for something that is light, healthy, and filling? These stuffed yams are main dish worthy. This is a variation of a recipe i got from wai lana yoga. Wanted to add a little more spice to mine.
1⁄2 Tablespoon, chopped
2 Tablespoon, chopped
Ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon (Parmesan and Romano)
Chili garlic sauce
1. Wash the yams and prick with fork at several places.
2. Take a baking tray and place the yams on it. Bake at 425°F for 1 hour, or until soft when gently squeezed.
3. Cut in half lengthwise and carefully scoop the flesh out into a bowl. Take care not to break the skins.
4. To the baked yam, add the butter and mash well.
5. Throw in the chopped thyme, chives, salt, and pepper to taste and mix well.
6. Spoon the mixture back into the skins, piling up slightly in the center.
7. Mix grated cheese and chili garlic sauce. Top yams with this and return to the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the yams are heated through.