This recipe is so light, because it's whipped, and delicious with the slight hint of citrus from orange and lemon, I'm sure you are going to love it too.
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare a pam sprayed 9x13 oven dish.
3. In a 6-8 quarts pot pour 3 quarts of water and bring it to a boil over high heat.
4. Add the yams, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until yams are fork tender.
5. Once done drain and cool, set it aside.
6. Once the yams have cooled, pel and cut yams into quarters and place it in a In a large bowl.
7. Mash the yams until smooth. Add brown sugar, butter orange and lemon zest, orange and lemon juices, and salt.
8. Beat the yam mixture using an electric mixture until fluffy.
9. Pour yams into the prepared oven proof dish.
10. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until peaks are browned.
11. Drizzle with more melted butter if desired.
12. Serve it hot and enjoy your thanksgiving dinner.
If the dish was prepared earlier and chilled overnight, bake about 15 minutes longer than the set time.
You can make this dish up to 2 days ahead. Just cover and refrigerate.
This sweet potato recipe is my mom's recipe that she has been making for us at Thanksgiving for many years. I really like it so much better that the usual yams topped with a teaspoon of brown sugar and butter. Those taste so sweet to me.