Growing up, i only ate Yams during Family Holiday Dinners which typically involved Mushy, Baby Food-Ish orange goop mixed with canned crushed pineapple and topped with burned marshmallows. Let me tell, Yams don't have to be so Painfully boring, and disgusting, and can actually taste good and be very healthy! Especially when they are SPICY!
4 , chop
4 , mince
4 , cubed
1. Preheat the oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Chop the yams into small cubes to ensure they cook properly
3. Heat up a pan on the stove. Add the garlic mince and coconut oil to a small bowl and place on top of the pan to heat.
4. Once done, add this to the yams in a baking tray.
5. Add the cayenne pepper, pepper, sea salt, chopped basil leaves, paprika and oregano and toss well together. 6. Cover the baking tray with foil and bake for 45 minutes or until the yams are soft.