Three words for ya. Make.These.Asap. These are some of the best candied yams to ever grace my taste buds. Something about baking them slow in the oven in that syrupy....buttery....sugary....cinnamony..... mixture just creates a candied yam that is perfectly "candied" yet still has that fresh taste.
These candied yams always make an appearance on my holiday dinner table!
4 , peeled, sliced to 1/2 inch thick
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 stick)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄2 Tablespoon (Mexican blend vanilla)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a 12 x 9 casserole dish put the yam slices, spread them in a layer. Set side.
3. In a medium size pot, melt butter over medium heat.
4. Add sugar and stir until well blended and pour the whipping cream. Mix until creamy.
5. Add in cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, maple, and vanilla extract and mix well till combined.
6. Pour the mixture over yams.
7. Cover with a foil and bake for 40 minutes.
8. Remove foil and bake for an additional 25 minutes or till the yams are soft and done.
9. In a serving plate, serve the candied yams with choice of spicy main dish.
If you are looking for some nice Southern lovin', then this is your dish. The Southern Baked Candied Sweet Potatoes is a classic side dish. It is almost a staple, when it comes to Soul Food! Yummy, I can gaurantee that this dish will make you indulge more than you should. Enjoy!
Southern Baked Candied Yams: How To Make The Best Candied Yams Recipe Video