Ham And Yam Glazin
|Canned hickory smoked boneless ham||5 Pound (1 can)|
|Whole cloves||1 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Frozen orange juice concentrate||6 Ounce, thawed (1 can)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Golden seedless raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mashed yams||51 Ounce (3 cans, 17 ounce each)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Remove top from can of ham.
3. Place in heated oven and allow the gelatin to soften.
4. Remove from oven and invert the can on a rack in a baking pan.
5. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F
6. Turn out the ham, punching holes in bottom of can, if necessary. Discard the drippings.
7. Slash the surface with shallow diagonal cuts, in a diamond pattern.
8. Stud center of the diamonds with whole cloves.
9. Make a glaze by combining sugar, orange concentrate, cornstarch and water in a small saucepan and cooking it until thick and glossy, stirring all the while.
10. Glaze ham with ¾ cup of the sauce.
11. Return the ham to the oven and cook for 30 to 40 minutes more.
12. Let the ham rest before transferring it from the pan onto a serving platter. Serve warm or cold.
13. Heat remaining sauce.
14. Stir in the raisins and the yam and heat through.
15. Slice ham and serve it warm or cold, with the sauce.