Super Quick Torn Yam Fix
|Chicken/Pork||10 1⁄2 Ounce (optional)|
|Tiger prawns||8 Large|
|Sweetcorn||9 Ounce (Mini, canned or fresh, 250 g)|
|Straw mushrooms||9 Ounce (250 g)|
|Ginger piece||1 Small (1 small knob)|
|Red chilli/Bird's beak chillis- 2 to 3||1|
|Thai basil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1 large handful)|
|Coriander||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (2 large handfuls)|
|Water||34 Ounce (1 liter)|
|Tom yum paste||3⁄4 Tablespoon (thai, 1 dessertspoon)|
|Sugar||1 Pinch (large pinch)|
|Thai fish sauce||3⁄4 Tablespoon (nam pla, 1 dessertspoon)|
|Light soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1. Shell, clean and devein the prawns well.
2. Wash and clean the meat, squid and then cut them into squares or manageable pieces.
3. Wash the vegetables and cut the corn, chilies, coriander, the mushrooms and the carrot and then set them aside till required.
4. Bruise the ginger and the lemongrass stalks
5. Juice the lemon and set the lemon juice aside till required.
6. In a large stockpot or wok, add all of the water and boil it.
7. Add the tom yum paste to the hot water and simmer again
8. Add the basil, coriander, sugar, fish sauce, and soy sauce and simmer again
9. Add the vegetables and the sliced meat and simmer till the vegetables are done.
10. Add the seafood to the pan and simmer again
11. Garnish the soup with coriander and serve immediately.