Asian Mushroom Lettuce Wraps
|Fresh mixed mushrooms||8 Ounce (white button mushrooms and brown crimini mushrooms)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Lean chicken||8 Ounce, ground|
|Fresh gingerroot||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Hoisin sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Rice vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Asian chile/Hot sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Hearts of romaine lettuce leaves||6|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Peanuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Mint/Coriander leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Finely chop mushrooms in food processor or by hand.
2. In large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
3. Add chicken breaking up with spoon.
4. Stir in mushrooms, ginger and garlic, cook on medium-high flame for 4-5 minutes or until mushroom liquid has evaporated.
5. Stir in soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar.
6. Reduce heat and simmer about 4-5 minutes to blend flavors.
7. Taste and add chili or hot sauce if desired.
8. Stir in green onion just before serving.
9. Spoon filling into lettuce leaves, and garnish with some chopped carrots, peanuts, cucumber and mint or coriander leaves. Then wrap lettuce around the filling to enclose
or serve filled lettuce leaves open face on a plate.
10. Serve these with cooked rice or rice salad and steamed snow peas.
Substitute ground pork for chicken and add finely chopped water chestnuts with soy sauce.
Reheat in microwave or in skillet, adding a little water if necessary.
Calories 442 Calories from Fat 193
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.9%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51.1 mg17%
Sodium 1207.2 mg50.3%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.9%
Dietary Fiber 15.9 g63.7%
Sugars 14.7 g
Protein 30 g60.8%
Vitamin A 1072.8% Vitamin C 249.9%
Calcium 25.2% Iron 45.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet