Thai-style Sweet Sticky Wings
|Chicken drumstick||10 Small (Very Small Ones Are Best)|
|Spring onions||2 (Scallions)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Chicken stock||1 Tablespoon|
|Seasoning sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tempura flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Enough To Coat Chicken)|
1. Take your chicken drumsticks and slice either side of the bone to open up the meat and ensure quick cooking.
2. Mix the chicken together with the seasoning sauce and chicken stock powder and leave for 20-30 minutes or more, after has marinated you can coat with tempura flour.
3. Grind the black pepper, bash the garlic to a pulp and finely chop the spring onions, keep separate and leave for later.
4. Bring the oil to medium heat in a wok (or deep fryer)
5. Having coated the chicken in tempura flour lower it into the hot oil. Keep turning until you get a lovely light golden brown color, remove and leave to drain
6. To make the sauce, in a fresh wok heat the water to boiling, reduce to simmer and add the sugar, continue stirring until it reduces by about 50% it should now be a little sticky
7. Add the black pepper and garlic stirring in well, followed by the oyster sauce
8. When thoroughly mixed, chuck in the chicken and stir to give it a lovely sugary coating.
9. Lastly add the chopped spring onions and mix in well for a few more runs round the pan and it’s done!
10. Serve with hot with some coriander (cilantro) to garnish!