Wasabi Glazed Chicken Wings
|Chicken wings||2 Pound (Also Include Drummettes)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||4 Large, thinly sliced|
|Ground black pepper/Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Wasabi||1 Teaspoon (Powder Of Paste)|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh basil leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Whole Basil Leaves)|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a shallow bowl, thoroughly mix flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
3. Individually toss each chicken wing in the flour mixture and line them up on a parchment paper (preferable) or aluminum foil lined baking sheet, making sure to leave space between each one.
4. Bake the wings and drumettes about 25-30 minutes, then broil for 5-7 more minutes until skin is light brown and crispy.
5. In the meantime, make the sauce. In a small saucepan over medium to high heat, whisk all the sauce ingredients together and bring to a boil.
6. When the sauce comes to a boil, switch to low heat, and simmer for about 25-30 minutes.
7. Let chicken rest for a few minutes then toss with half of the sauce.
8. Serve the chicken wings hot, with the other half of the sauce for dipping.