Braised Chicken Wings
|Chicken wings||12 (Without The Pinions)|
|Soft brown sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Dark soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Light soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chinese rice wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Oil||1⁄2 Pint, seasoned (300 Milliliter)|
|Fresh root ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Spring onions||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Yellow bean sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Stock/Water||5 Fluid Ounce (150 Milliliter)|
1. In a bowl, mix sugar, soy sauces and wine.
2. Marinate the chicken wings in mixed marinade for at least 1 hour - longer if possible.
3. In a pan heat the oil until hot and deep-fry the chicken wings for about 2-3 minutes until golden brown
4. Then remove and drain.
5. Pour off the excess oil, leaving about 1 teaspoon in the wok.
6. Add the ginger, spring onions and yellow bean sauce and stir-fry for about 30-40 seconds.
7. Add the chicken wings with the marinade and blend well.
8. Add the stock or water, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and braise for 8-10 minutes under cover, stirring once or twice.
9. Remove the cover, turn the heat to high again and reduce the sauce until it is 'sticky' and rich.
10. Add the honey and blend well.
11. Serve Braised Chicken Wings hot with its juices.