Stir-Fried Pork And Prawns With Wing Beans
|Wing beans/French beans||250 Gram, cut into 1 inch lengths|
|Red curry paste||2 Tablespoon (you can use the store bought one but I prefer to make mine fresh)|
|Pork fillets||225 Gram, thinly sliced|
|Hot water||4 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Prawns||115 Gram, peeled and deveined|
|Light brown sugar/White sugar||1 Tablespoon (you can use to your liking)|
|Sunflower oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a saucepan, boil water. Plunge the beans in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain again.
2) Heat a wok, add oil. (If you want you can reduce the amount of oil because the pork will secrete oil of its own when cooked.) Add the red curry paste and stir to bring out the flavor. I usually start salivating at this stage. :)
3) Add the pork pieces and cook until it changes color. Thin slices will cook quite quickly.
4) Add hot water, fish sauce, prawns and beans. Stir well. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the sugar and black pepper.
5) Taste and adjust seasoning.
6) Serve right away with steamed rice and Madras Rasam.
Calories 562 Calories from Fat 317
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.1%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 94.3 mg31.4%
Sodium 3404.5 mg141.9%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.13 g0.53%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 41 g81.7%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 38.5%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet