|Chicken wings||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Red hot sauce||6 Tablespoon (Durkee)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
1. Use a sharp meat knife to split each chicken wing at the joint. Discard the tips or use for making stock.
2. Pat the wings dry on paper towels.
3. In a bowl, combine the hot sauce and butter. Keep aside.
4. In a large wok or frying pan, heat oil to 400°F
5. When oil is hot but not smoking, add the wings and fry until golden and crispy.
6. Use slotted spoon to remove them onto paper toweling and let drain. Alternatively, bake the wings in the oven for 25 minutes.
7. Brush the chicken wings generously with the hot sauce.
8. Arrange on a platter and drizzle with remaining sauce and serve immediately.
Calories 378 Calories from Fat 195
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.7%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g37.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 127.9 mg42.6%
Sodium 802.8 mg33.4%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.11 g0.43%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 42 g83.4%
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 8.9%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet