1. In a bowl, place the wings and cover with the vinegar-based barbecue
sauce. Let the wings soak for two hours.
2. Once the wings have finished soaking in the sauce, remove and let them rest in the refrigerator for another hour. This will allow the meat to absorb any moisture left in the skin, and the skin on the wings will be crisper
when you fry them.
3. In a cast iron skillet, heat the oil to 375 F. Once the oil is hot, place the wings in the oil for 10 to 15 minutes until golden and crisp.
4. Remove the wings from the oil and place on a paper towel to let excess oil drain off.
5. Place the deep fried wings in a plastic container that has a lid. Pour the tomato-based barbecue sauce over the wings, toss until coated well.