Green Beans And Potatoes With Smoked Turkey Wings / Holiday Series
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Low sodium chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Smoked turkey wings||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely minced|
|Grand diamond all purpose seasoning||To Taste|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Red pepper flakes||To Taste|
|Frozen whole green beans||32 Ounce, slightly thawed|
|Russet potatoes||1 Pound, peeled, washed, cut into ¾ inch cubes|
1. Combine the water, chicken stock, turkey wings, sliced onions, garlic and seasonings in a large pot over medium-high heat. (Note: Go easy on the salt to start because as the stock simmers the flavors will intensify, including the salt.)
2. Place the lid on the pot, bring to a boil, and then turn down to medium-low heat. Simmer for about 2 hours.
3. Taste the stock half way through the cooking process to check for seasoning. Add additional seasoning if desired. (Note: If some of the stock is lost due to evaporation feel free to add 1 cup of water or chicken stock to the pot.)
4. Remove the turkey meat from the bones, shred and place it back into the pot.
5. Add and stir in the green beans, cover with the lid, and cook just until tender, about 15 minutes. (Note: You may have to raise the heat to medium-high if the green beans are slightly frozen.)
6. Finally, stir in the potatoes, cover with the lid, and continue to cook just until the potatoes are fork tender.
7. Serve hot.
Calories 258 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4%
Saturated Fat 0.14 g0.69%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 326.7 mg13.6%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.2%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 9.4%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet