Wine and Cherry Aspic
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 envelope)|
|Wine/Sherry or port, fruit juice / a mixture of any of the above||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs) (white or red)|
|Lemon/1 tablespoon lemon juice||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Pitted black cherries||2 Cup (32 tbs) (fresh or canned)|
1) In a small saucepan, add in gelatine, salt and sugar. Pour in 1/2 cup of wine, sherry or fruit juice.
2) Stir the mixture over a low flame till the gelatine dissolves completely.
3) Pour in the remaiming liquid along with lime juice or lemon juice. Allow the mixture to chill till it resembles the consistency of an unbeaten egg white.
4) Gently fold in the cherries into the chilled gelatine mixture.
5) Transfer the mixture into a greased 3-cup mould or 6 individual moulds. Chill the mould/s till the mixture has firmed up.
6) Garnish the Wine and Cherry Aspic with slices of cherry on top.