Pigeons in Red Wine
|Pigeons||4 , cleaned and trussed|
|Pickling onions||12 , peeled|
|Mushrooms||100 Gram, cleaned and thickly sliced|
|Red wine||300 Milliliter (Burgundy Type)|
|Poultry stock/Water and 1/2 chicken stock cube||150 Milliliter|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Mixed herbs||2 1⁄2 Milliliter|
|Beurre manie||250 Gram, made with 25 gram butter mixed with 1 x 15 milliliter spoon flour|
|Freshly chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Lemon||1 , rind grated finely (For Garnish)|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In the cooker, heat the butter and brown the pigeons all over.
3) Add the onions and mushrooms and fry until both are beginning to colour.
4) Stir in wine, stock or water and stock cube, salt, pepper and herbs.
5) Place the lid to close the cooker, bring to high pressure and cook for 20 minutes.
6) Reduce the pressure quickly.
7) With slotted spoon, lift out the pigeons and vegetables and transfer to a warmed dish and keep hot.
8) Return the open cooker to the heat, add the beurre manie in small pieces stirring constantly until the sauce is thickened.
9) Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
10) Pour a little sauce over the pigeons, sprinkle with a mixture of chopped parsley and lemon rind and serve hot.
Serve the remaining sauce separately.