Salmon Floating on Wine
|Salmon fillets||12 Ounce|
|Snow peas||4 Ounce|
|Finely minced scallions||1 Teaspoon (Use White Part Only)|
|Minced jalapeno chili/Hot green chilli / serrano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Corn oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped garlic in oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Or Minced)|
|Hot oriental chili paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry vermouth/Dry sherry||3 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock/Fish stock||6 Tablespoon|
|Oriental sesame oil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Rinse the snow peas in cold water and cut into thirds.
2) Rinse the salmon in cold water and slice diagonally in about 1/2-inch thick pieces.
3) In a bowl, place the salmon pieces with egg white.
4) Using your hands, gently stir the salmon mixture until well mixed, to coat salmon.
5) Mix in the cornstarch well again with hands to coat.
6) In a colander, put the salmon pieces and leave the colander over the sink to drain the excess egg white.
7) In a wok or skillet, heat oil over high heat till very hot.
8) Saute the scallion, green chilli and garlic, stirring until ingredients just begin to brown.
9) Stir in the chili paste, sherry and stock; bring to rolling boil.
10) Put the salmon pieces in single layer and cook quickly on both sides, about 2 minutes total.
11) Stir in the snow peas to wok after 1 minute.
12) Dredge with sesame oil and serve hot.
Calories 198 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16.1%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.5 mg15.8%
Sodium 100.9 mg4.2%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.8 g3.2%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 19 g38.2%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 29.4%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet