Dandelion And Raisin Wine
|Dandelion flowers||2 Quart|
|Lemon||1 , rind thinly peeled and pulp juiced|
|Orange||1 , rind thinly peeled and pulp juiced|
|Grapefruit||1 , rind thinly peeled and pulp juiced|
|Yeast nutrient||1 Teaspoon|
1. Remove and discard petals form green part of dandelion heads.
1. In a large bowl, place dandelion heads and pour boiling water on top.
2. Add the thin rind of all citrus fruits.
3. Cover the bowl and let soak for 2 days; stir daily.
4. Using a cloth or muslin, strain juice and squeeze gently to extract juice.
5. In a large bowl, put together chopped raisins, sugar, citrus juices, yeast and nutrient; pour juice on top.
6. Cover the bowl and let stand for 1 week.
7. Strain again using a clean cloth.
8. Into a fermentation jar, pour strained liquids and top with cooled, boiled water, if required.
9. Cover tightly with a lid.
10. When the wine is clear, rack into Champagne bottles.
11. Serve Dandelion and Raisin Wine in wine glass.