Dandelion and Raisin Wine
|Dandelion flowers||2 Quart|
|Lemon||1 , rind thinly peeled and pulp juiced|
|Orange||1 , rind thinly peeled and pulp juiced|
|Grapefruit||1 , rind thinly peeled and pulp juiced|
|Yeast nutrient||1 Teaspoon|
1. Remove and discard petals form green part of dandelion heads.
1. In a large bowl, place dandelion heads and pour boiling water on top.
2. Add the thin rind of all citrus fruits.
3. Cover the bowl and let soak for 2 days; stir daily.
4. Using a cloth or muslin, strain juice and squeeze gently to extract juice.
5. In a large bowl, put together chopped raisins, sugar, citrus juices, yeast and nutrient; pour juice on top.
6. Cover the bowl and let stand for 1 week.
7. Strain again using a clean cloth.
8. Into a fermentation jar, pour strained liquids and top with cooled, boiled water, if required.
9. Cover tightly with a lid.
10. When the wine is clear, rack into Champagne bottles.
11. Serve Dandelion and Raisin Wine in wine glass.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1879 Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.5%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1467.4 mg61.1%
Total Carbohydrates 445 g148.3%
Dietary Fiber 84.9 g339.6%
Sugars 207.2 g
Protein 62 g124.3%
Vitamin A 3865.8% Vitamin C 1470.2%
Calcium 379.7% Iron 356.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet