Easy Blackcurrant Wine
|Blackcurrant syrup||12 Ounce (1 Bottle)|
|Citric acid||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
|Yeast nutrient||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a large saucepan, dissolve sugar in some water; stir in blackcurrant syrup.
2. Let the solution boil for 10 minutes; this is to destroy any preservative.
3. Into a fermentation jar, fill wine up to the shoulder and keep remaining wine in a small glass bottle; cover the small bottle with wool plug.
4. Into the jar, stir in nutrient, yeast and citric acid.
5. Cover with lid until air-locked.
6. Keep the small bottle alongside the fermentation jar.
7. When the first frothy fermentation has subsided, pour wine from the small bottle into the fermentation jar.
8. The jar should be full up to the neck, so if required, add boiled, cooled water.
9. Let ferment for 6 months and then rack into Champagne bottles.
10. Pour Wine in a wine glass and serve.