Raisin and Elderberry Wine
|Raisins||8 Ounce, chopped|
|Elderberries||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Sugar||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Yeast||1 Teaspoon (Port Variety, Use As Required)|
|Yeast nutrient||1 Teaspoon (Use As Required)|
1) In a large bowl, place the berries and press with a wooden spoon.
2) Stream the boiling water, over the berries.
3) Allow to soak the berries, cover for 4 days.
4) Pass through sieve, and stir in the sugar, lemon juice, yeast and nutrient.
5) Stream into fermentation jar, fit air-tight.
6) Add in the raisins to the elderberry mixture and allow to soak for 4 days.
7) Use as desired.
Calories 2001 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.6%
Saturated Fat 0.14 g0.68%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 31.2 mg1.3%
Total Carbohydrates 517 g172.2%
Dietary Fiber 30.8 g123.1%
Sugars 430.1 g
Protein 5 g9.5%
Vitamin A 47.7% Vitamin C 258.9%
Calcium 19.2% Iron 42.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet