Date and Citrus Wine
|Lemons||2 , peeled for rind and juiced|
|Oranges||2 , peeled for rind and juiced|
|Yeast||1 Teaspoon (Sherry Variety)|
|Yeast nutrient||1 Teaspoon|
1. Using a knife, chop dates.
2. In a large saucepan, put together chopped dates, rinds of the citrus fruits and 6 date stones; simmer for 30 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, take sugar and strain date mixture on top; let the liquid cool down.
4. When temperature of the liquid reaches 70° Fahrenheit (21 °Celsius), check temperature with a thermometer; stir in citrus fruit juices, yeast and nutrient.
5. Into a fermentation jar, pour strained liquids and top up with cooled, boiled water if required.
6. Cover tightly with a lid.
7. When the wine is clear, rack into Champagne bottles.
8. Serve Date and Citrus Wine in wine glass.