Medlar And Sultana Wine
|Pectic enzyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Yeast||1 Teaspoon (Sauterne Variety, Use As Required)|
|Yeast nutrient||1 Teaspoon (Use As Required)|
1) Chop the medlars.
2) In a blow place medlars with sultanas and stream in the boiling water.
3) Allow the medlars to cool.
4) Mix in the crushed Campden tablet and pectic enzyme.
5) Cover and put in a warm place for 1 week.
6) Gently pass the medlars through cheesecloth, without pressing the pulp at all.
7) Stir in the sugar, yeast and nutrient with strained medlars.
8) Allow to ferment and rack in the normal way.
9) Bottle and serve.
Use only ripe medlars.