Oak Leaf Wine
|Oak leaf||1 Gallon|
|Sugar||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Yeast||1 Tablespoon (Use As Required)|
|Yeast nutrient||1 Teaspoon (Use As Required)|
1) In a saucepan, place the sugar with half the water and boil to make syrup.
2) In a bowl, place the oak leaves and stream the syrup over it.
3) Put the lid tightly and leave overnight.
4) Stir in the citrus juices, yeast and nutrient and add the sugar syrup mixture into a fermentation jar.
5) Stream in cooled, boiled water if necessary and ferment out as usual.
6) Leave to ferment and rack in the normal way.
7) Bottle and serve.
Calories 1724 Calories from Fat 14
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.6%
Saturated Fat 0.23 g1.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 266.9 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 435 g145.1%
Dietary Fiber 15.1 g60.3%
Sugars 407.6 g
Protein 14 g28.2%
Vitamin A 1406.5% Vitamin C 373.3%
Calcium 38.1% Iron 47.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet