Homemade Orange Wine
|Oranges||10 , squeezed|
|Lemons||2 , squeezed|
|Yeast||1 Teaspoon (Use As Required)|
|Yeast nutrient||1 Teaspoon (Use As Required)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Use As Required)|
1) In a bowl, pass the juice through the sieve.
2) Stir in about 2 1/2 lb. of the sugar, yeast and the nutrient.
3) In a saucepan, boil water and cool.
4) Transfer the juice mixture in the fermentation jar.
5) Pour cooled, boiled water to top up the juice mixture to fill up to the shoulder of jar and fit air-lock.
6) Leave the jar in warm place, about 70°F for 1 week.
7) Move the jar to the place of 60 °F temperature for the rest of the fermentation.
8) In a bowl, place the remaining 8 oz. sugar with 1/4 pint boiling water, dissolve and cool.
9) As the first vigorous fermentation dies down add the sugar mixture.
10) Leave to ferment out as usual.
11) Bottle and serve.