Sparkling Pear Wine
|Citric acid||1 Teaspoon|
|Pectic enzyme||1 Teaspoon (Use As Required)|
|Chopped pears||4 Pound|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Yeast||1 Teaspoon (Champagne Variety, Use As Required)|
|Yeast nutrient||1 Teaspoon (Use As Required)|
1) In a large bowl, place together cold water, citric acid, pectic enzyme and Campden tablets.
2) Add the pears to the citric acid mixture.
3) Put the lid on and leave to soak for 24 hours.
4) Stir in the raisins, 8 oz. of the sugar, yeast and nutrient.
5) Put the lid tightly and allow to ferment for 4 days, stirring twice daily.
6) Pass the pear mixture through cheesecloth, add the rest of the sugar.
7) Transfer into the fermentation jar.
8) After fermenting out and racking twice, syphon the wine into Champagne bottles.
9) Stir in a very little Champagne yeast starter, and 1 teaspoon sugar to each bottle and wire down the cork securely.
10) Leave to mature for 3 months at least before drinking.
11) Bottle and serve.