|Medlars||6 1⁄2 Pound|
|Pectic enzyme||1 Teaspoon (Use As Required)|
|Grape tannins||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Yeast||1 Teaspoon (Use As Required)|
|Yeast nutrient||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Use As Required)|
1) In a saucepan, boil half of the water.
2) In a bowl, place the madlars and stream boiled water over it.
3) Mix in the sugar, and 2 pints of the cold water.
4) Allow to cool, and add the pectic enzyme.
5) Leave aside for 24 hours and add the tannin, yeast and nutrient.
6) Put the lid on and leave in a warm place, for 3 days.
7) Pass the through the cheesecloth, squeeze dry and add in 2 pints water.
8) Transfer the juice into a fermentation jar and fit with air-lock lid.
9) Leave to ferment and rack in the normal way.
10) Bottle and serve.