Broad Bean Wine
|Shelled broad beans||4 Pound (Old)|
|Sugar||2 3⁄4 Pound|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Yeast||1 Teaspoon, hock|
|Yeast nutrient||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a large pot, simmer chopped beans in water for about 1 hour.
2. Into a large bowl, using a nylon sieve or muslin, strain the mixture and add sugar and chopped sultanas; stir well.
3. When the solution is cooled down, stir in lemon juice, yeasts and nutrient.
4. Cover the bowl tightly and keep aside in a warm place for 4-5 days.
5. Using a thick cloth, strain the liquids; squeeze gently.
6. Into a fermentation jar, pour the solution and fill up to the neck.
7. When the wine is clear, rack into Champagne bottles.
8. Serve Broad Bean Wine in a wine glass and enjoy.