|Pectic enzyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Yeast||1 Teaspoon, madeira (As Required)|
|Yeast nutrient||1 Teaspoon (As Required)|
1) Cut the greengages into half, remove the stones and press the fruit.
2) In a large bowl, place the fruits and stream the boiling water over them.
3) Leave to cool and stir in pectic enzyme.
4) Put the lid over the bowl and leave to soak for 4 days, stirring daily.
5) Pass through thick cheesecloth and squeeze dry.
6) Stir in the sugar, yeast and nutrient.
7) Again cover with lid and place in a warm place for another week.
8) Stream the greengage mixture into fermentation jar and fit with air-lock lid.
9) Ferment and rack in the normal way.
10) Serve at room temperature.