Bramble Tip And Raisin Wine
|Bramble tip||4 Pound|
|Raisins||1 Pound, chopped|
|Lemon||1 , grated lemon rind|
|Sugar||2 1⁄4 Pound|
|Yeast||1 Teaspoon, bordeaux|
|Yeast nutrient||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a large pot, boil chopped bramble tips in water for about 30 minutes.
2. Into a large bowl, using a nylon sieve or muslin, strain the mixture.
3. Add raisins, lemon rind and sugar; stir well and let cool down.
4. When the solution is cooled down, stir in lemon juice, yeasts and nutrient.
5. Cover the bowl tightly and keep aside in a warm place for 4 days.
6. Using a thick cloth, strain the liquids; squeeze gently.
7. Into a fermentation jar, pour the solution and fill up to the shoulders.
8. When the first vigorous fermentation has subsided, top with any remaining solution to fill jar up to the neck or top up with cooled, boiled water.
9. When the wine is clear, rack into Champagne bottles.
10. Serve Bramble Tip and raisin wine in a sleek wine glass and enjoy.