|Gooseberries||6 Pound (Hard)|
|Pectic enzyme||1 Teaspoon (As Desired)|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Yeast||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), hock|
|Yeast nutrient||1 Teaspoon (As Needed)|
1) Rinse the gooseberries in cold water.
2) Cut the top and tail of the gooseberries.
3) In a large bowl, place the gooseberries and add the boiling water.
4) Allow to cool, using hands squeeze the gooseberries to pulp them.
5) Leave to cool completely, stir in the pectic enzyme and the Campden tablet.
6) Put the lid on and leave to soak for 2-3 days.
7) Pass through thick cheesecloth (or double muslin) and squeeze dry.
8) Mix in the sugar, then the yeast and nutrient.
9) Stream the gooseberries into fermentation jar and fit air-lock lid.
10) As the fermentation ceases, rack for the first time, then again 6 months later.
11) Serve at room temperature.
Calories 949 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.4%
Saturated Fat 0.2 g1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 16.9 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 238 g79.5%
Dietary Fiber 20.6 g82.3%
Sugars 189.7 g
Protein 5 g10.2%
Vitamin A 26.3% Vitamin C 209.5%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet