Orange and Banana Homemade Wine
|Sherry||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Yeast||1 Teaspoon (As Needed)|
|Yeast nutrient||1 Teaspoon (As Needed)|
1) Peel the rinds thinly of 3 Seville oranges and 2 sweet oranges.
2) In a large bowl, place rinds together with the mashed bananas and sugar.
3) Put the lid over the bowls with the boiling water.
4) Leave the banana mixture to cool, and add juice of all the oranges, yeast and nutrient.
5) Leave the covered bowl, in a warm place, to ferment for 4 days.
6) Pass the banana mixture through cheesecloth into the fermentation jar and fit air-lock.
7) For a long, steady fermentation, add in extra sugar if possible, to keep it going.
8) Bottle and serve.
This recipe makes a really delicious aperitif.