|Ginger root||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Lemon||2 , juiced|
|Yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (Madeira One)|
|Yeast nutrient||2 Tablespoon|
1. Wash beetroot and dice.
2. In a saucepan, put together beet roots, clove, ginger and water; boil until beetroot is just tender; do not over boil.
3. Using a cheesecloth, strain mixture to extract juice.
4. In a bowl, mix together juice, sugar, lemon juice and remaining water.
5. Let the liquid cool down and when sugar is dissolved, add yeast and nutrient.
6. Cover bowl tightly and let stand in a warm place for 3 days; stir daily.
7. Into a darkened jar, straining with a muslin cloth, pour the liquids and seal with airtight lids; if darkened jar is not available, cover jar with a black cloth to prevent discoloration of wine
8. Let ferment until wine is clear.
9. Rack wine into another glass bottle.
10. Into a wine glass, pour beetroot wine and enjoy.