|Bananas||4 Pound, peeled|
|Banana skins||8 Ounce|
|Yeast nutrient||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Into a muslin bag, put together bananas, skins, orange and lemon rind.
2. In a large saucepan, place the bag and pour enough water to cover; simmer for 30 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, take sugar, orange and lemon juice; pour hot liquid on top.
4. When the bag cools down, squeeze with hands to extract as much juice as possible.
5. Let the liquids cool down to 70 °F (21 °C); check with a thermometer.
6. At this point, add yeast and nutrient.
7. Cover bowl tightly and let stand in a warm place for 7 days; stir daily.
8. Into a fermentation jar, pour the liquids and seal with airtight lids; place in a dark place with slightly lower temperature than before.
9. Let ferment for 2 months until solids deposit at the bottom and wine is clear.
10. Rack wine into another glass bottle and add sultanas; air lock bottle and let stand for 4 months to mature.
11. Sample Banana Wine first before serving.
Very ripe or spotted bananas are good for this wine, so one can pick up cheap bananas for making this wine.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7352 Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 46.2 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 1897 g632.4%
Dietary Fiber 61.7 g246.8%
Sugars 1663.2 g
Protein 29 g58%
Vitamin A 30.7% Vitamin C 462.9%
Calcium 27.6% Iron 49%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet