Beans in Red Wine
|Dried red kidney beans||14 Ounce|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Plain flour||1 Ounce|
|Red wine||7 Ounce|
|Lean bacon||14 Ounce|
1) Thrust 3 cloves into one onion.
2) Into a saucepan, add in the beans along with the spiked onion. Cover the pan with enough cold water. Let it come to a boil. Allow to simmer for 60 minutes.
3) Chop the other two onions. In another pan, melt butter. Add in the onions along with the crushed garlic. Take the pan off the flame.
4) Add in flour. Stir well and slowly add in the wine and water. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Cook the mixture till it starts to thicken.
5) Drain the beans. Slice the bacon into strips. Add the beans and bacon into a pan. Cover and cook on low flame for 45 minutes.
6) Slice the frankfurters long. Arrange them over the beans.
7) Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
8) Serve the Beans in Red Wine hot. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.