Duck In Red Wine
|Butter/Rendered chicken fat||2 Tablespoon|
|Duck||6 Pound, skin removed and cut into 8 pieces (1 whole)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Dry red wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shiitake mushrooms||8 , thin slices|
|Parsley sprigs||2 , chopped|
|Bay leaf||1 Small|
|Seasoned salt||1 Teaspoon|
|White pearl onions||8 Small, peeled|
|Carrots||2 , quartered and peeled|
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. In a large skillet melt butter.
3. Add the pieces of duck in fat and brown them over medium heat.
4. Remove from heat once the duck turns brown.
5. Transfer the ingredients to a casserole.
6. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
7. Mix red wine, parsley, bay leaf, thyme, salt and shiitake mushrooms.
8. Boil and keep stirring so that the sauce thickens.
9. Add carrots and onions in the casserole.
10. Add sauce as topping.
11. Bake for 1 1/4 hours, keeping the casserole covered.
12. Serve duck in red wine garnished with parsley.