Fish Chowder With White Wine
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Tomato paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Beef broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||4 , peeled and cubed|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Fish fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into bite-size pieces|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a non-stick pan, brown the bacon.
2) Remove the bacon, crush lightly to break into pieces and place in a slow cooker.
4) In the same pan, heat the remaining bacon fat and brown the onions and garlic in it.
5) Stir the onion mixture into the slow cooker along with tomato paste, broth, wine, tomatoes, paprika, salt and lemon juice.
6) Put the lid on and cook for 1 hour.
7) Place the fish in and allow to cook on high heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
8) Serve hot immediately, garnished with chopped parsley.
Overcooking of fish can toughen the meat.
Calories 199 Calories from Fat 30
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.3%
Saturated Fat 0.28 g1.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.6 mg25.2%
Sodium 456.2 mg19%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 23 g46.7%
Vitamin A 38.4% Vitamin C 39.1%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet