Red Wine Stew
Lean Beef and Pork- 2 pounds, cut into 1-inch cubes
Onion- 1 whole
Cloves- 4 whole
Onions- 3 medium, chopped
Bay Leaf- 1no.
Carrots- 2 medium, sliced
Salt- 1 1/2 teaspoons
Dry Red Wine- 1 1/2 cups
Hot Dogs- 2nos.
Green Beans, Peas, or Chopped Green Pepper- 1 cup
Tomatoes- 2nos., quartered
Fresh Parsley Leaves- 1 tablespoons
Flour-Water Paste- 3 tablespoons
1) Peel the whole onion and pierce it with the cloves.
2) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and brown the bacon.
3) Stir in the beef and pork cubes, stirring until browned evenly.
4) Place meat in slow cooker along with a whole onion, chopped onions, bay leaf, carrots, and salt.
5) Pour off the excess fat from the pan.
6) In the same pan, heat ½ cup of wine and stir to remove the browned bits.
7) Pour the wine over meat along with remaining wine.
8) Put the lid and simmer for 7 1/2 hours.
9) Stir in the hot dogs, and cook for 20 minutes.
10) Put in tomatoes and green vegetables and allow to cook for 10 minutes more.
11) If needed thicken the gravy by adding flour- water mixture and simmer for 5 minutes.
12) Take the cooker off the heat and remove the studded onion.
13) Serve hot on the bed of steamed rice and garnished with parsley.