Chicken in Marsala Wine with Orange and Shallots
|Plain flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Ground cardamom||2 Teaspoon (1 Heaped Teaspoon)|
|Ground coriander||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken pieces||8 (Either Jointed Chicken Or Breasts Cut In Half)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||16 , peeled and left whole|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), peeled and left whole|
|Freshly squeezed orange juice||300 Milliliter|
|Sherry vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Creme fraiche||1 Tablespoon|
1) Use salt, pepper, cardamom and coriander to season the flour. Mix well.
2) With the seasoned flour, coat each piece of chicken and set aside.
3) Heat the olive oil in a shallow ovenproof casserole.
4) Cook the bacon, chicken, shallots and garlic in the oil till all are caramelized and are of a nutty brown color.
5) Add the Marsala, orange juice, sherry, vinegar and cinnamon.
6) Stir the mixture and gently simmer on top of a hotplate for about 40 minutes, till the juices from the chicken run clear.
7) Add the crÃ¨me fraiche to the hot preparation, stir well, transfer to a decorative serving platter and serve with a green salad and brown rice. Best when served as a main course dish.