Ricotta and Salami in Wine Pasta
|All purpose flour||625 Milliliter (2 1/2 cups)|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Pinch (1 large pinch)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Pinch (1 large pinch)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Dry white wine||125 Milliliter (1/2 cup, add more, if needed)|
|Ricotta cheese||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|Mozzarella/110 gram||1⁄4 Pound, smoked, finely diced|
|Lean salami||2 1⁄2 Ounce, finely diced (70 gram)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried bread crumbs||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoon)|
|Finely chopped mint||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Egg||1 , beaten (adjust quantity as needed for sealing)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
1) On a work surface, add the the flour, salt and sugar together, then make a depression in the center.
2) Add the egg and wine, and mix the ingredients with a fork to form a rough dough. Then knead, adding more flour or wine to make a pliable and slightly dry dough.
3) Knead the dough for at least 6 minutes, or until smooth and elastic. Then cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
4) Divide the dough into 3 pieces, roll each piece into a very thin sheet, then cover and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
5) In a bowl, combine all the filling ingredients together, mix thoroughly.
6) Cut out the pasta circles 4 to 5 inches in diameter, brush the rim of each circle with egg, then spoon 2 teaspoon filling in the center.
7) Fold over the circle to form a cresent shape and press the edges together. Cut around the rims with a zigzag pastry wheel or a crimper cutter and keep aside in a single layer.
8) In a frying pan, heat vegetable oil and fry 2 to 3 pastries at a time, until evenly golden and crisp . Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
9) Serve the Ricotta and Salami in Wine Pasta, immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 1032 Calories from Fat 301
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.3%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 224 mg74.7%
Sodium 642.1 mg26.8%
Total Carbohydrates 132 g44%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.4%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 40 g80.2%
Vitamin A 16.6% Vitamin C 2.1%
Calcium 39.1% Iron 51.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet