Oxtail In Red Wine
|Beef oxtails||1 Large, cut at the joints|
|Garlic cloves||2 Large, peeled and sliced|
|Fresh lemon||1 , peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced, all juice carefully saved|
|Yellow onions||4 Medium, peeled and sliced|
|Bay leaf||1 , crumbled|
|Strong red wine||2 Cup (32 tbs) (5 Deciliter)|
|Salt pork||1⁄4 Pound, washed and diced (115 Gram)|
|Carrots||4 Medium, scraped and quartered lengthwise|
|White of leek||2 , desanded and cut into 1 inch chunks|
|Cabbage head||1⁄2 , shredded|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Beef bouillon||3 Cup (48 tbs) (7.5 Deciliter)|
1) In a large, covered, refrigerator storage bowl, rinse and place the oxtail chunks alongwith the garlic, lemon slices, onion and bay leaf.
2) Thoroughly moisten the mixture with the red wine and refrigerate, stirring occasionally.
3) In a 6-quart pressure cooker, saute the diced salt pork on a medium-high heat, remove and drain on a paper towel.
4) Wipe the oxtail chunks dry, reserve the marinade and saute in the hot pork fat for 3 or 4 minutes.
5) Then stir in the marinade along with all its solids.
6) Stir in the carrots, leeks, cabbage, ground cloves, pepper, beef bouillon, and salt to taste.
7) Place the lid, bring up the pressure to 10 pounds and cook for 40 minutes.
8) Turn off the heat and allow the pressure to lower gradually on its own in about 4 to 5 minutes.
9) Spoon in open soup plates, sprinkle each serving with the crisp pork bits and serve immediately.