Lemon-Spices Mulled Wine
|Water||1⁄2 Pint (3 Deciliter)|
|Castor sugar||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Claret||25 Ounce (1 Bottle)|
|Port||375 Milliliter (1/2 Bottle, Inexpensive Variety)|
|Nutmeg||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (Little Required)|
1) Pare lemon rind very thinly.
2) Using a sharp knife cut away thick, white, outer pith from the lemon and remove.
3) In a pan put the lemon rind.
4) Insert cloves into pared lemon.
5) Add to the pan with water and sugar.
6) Place over heat and stir until sugar is dissolved.
7) Add claret and port.
8) Add cinnamon stick and stir to boil.
9) Take off from heat and strain.
10) Serve very hot with a little nutmeg grated on top.
11) Slice lemon in each mug.