Smoked Chicken Sausage In Red Wine
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Smoked chicken sausages||1 1⁄2 Pound (6 Sausages)|
|Fresh parsley leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Packed)|
|Parsley leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Packed When Measuring)|
|Whole pearl onions||15 Ounce, drained (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Good Quality)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Prick the sausages with a fork, add them to the skillet, and saute to stiffen the skin, about 2 minutes. Cover, and cook the sausages on one side over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
2. While the sausages are cooking, trim 1/4 inch off the mushroom stems. Clean the mushrooms with a damp paper towel, and cut them into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
3. Turn the sausages over, prick them again, cover, and cook over medium heat for another 10 minutes. While they are cooking, mince the parsley.
4. Transfer the sausages to a plate. Add the mushrooms and onions to the remaining liquid in the skillet, and toss to combine. Add the wine and broth and bring to a boil. Cook over high heat, uncovered, until only half of the liquid remains, about 10 minutes. While the liquid is reducing, slice the cooked sausages into 3/4-inch pieces.
5. When the wine and broth have reduced by half, season the mushrooms and onions with salt and pepper. Return the sausage slices to the skillet along with any accumulated juices, and continue to cook the liquid down until mostly evaporated, another 5 minutes. There should be about 1/2 cup of thin liquid remaining in the skillet. Remove the skillet from the heat, stir in the parsley and butter, and adjust the seasoning. Serve immediately.
Calories 396 Calories from Fat 183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.5%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 104.2 mg34.7%
Sodium 1292.6 mg53.9%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.68 g2.7%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 29 g57.8%
Vitamin A 10.9% Vitamin C 15.6%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet