Salmon Steaks Poached in White Wine
|Salmon steaks||2 1⁄4 Pound|
|Shallots||2 , finely chopped|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sauterne||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Wash salmon steaks and place on paper towels to dry.
3. Prepare the fish by spreading it with 2 tablespoons butter and then place fish in dish; sprinkle with salt, shallots, lemon juice, and bay leaves.
4. Pour over the sauterne. Cover dish with foil; bake 15 minutes.
5. Baste steaks with liquid in dish; bake, covered, 10 minutes longer, or just until fish flakes easily with fork. Carefully remove fish from baking dish, and drain well. Strain liquid, and reserve 1 cup.
6. Arrange steaks on heatproof serving platter, or return to baking dish; keep warm.
7. Melt remaining butter in small saucepan; remove from heat. Stir in flour until smooth.
8. Gradually stir in reserved fish liquid; cook over medium heat, stirring, until thickened. Stir in cream. Pour sauce over salmon steaks.
9. Run under broiler 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden-brown.
10. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately
Calories 434 Calories from Fat 222
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.4%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g47.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 146.3 mg48.8%
Sodium 485.7 mg20.2%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 0.23 g0.93%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 42 g83.1%
Vitamin A 16.8% Vitamin C 10.3%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet