Sweet Sherry Cookies
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (250 Grams)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Sweet sherry salt||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Chopped nuts||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 325Â°F (160Â°C).
2) Blend together the butter, sugar and egg yolks and keep beating until the mixture is creamy and light.
3) Add the flour and salt alternately with the sherry.
4) Mix it well. Once done, chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
5)Pour out the mixture on a floured board and cut into 2-inch (5-cm) rounds. Brush with the slightly beaten egg white and sprinkle it with chopped nuts.
6) Bake in a 325Â°F (160Â°C) oven for about ten minutes.
7) Serve with tea or coffee.