Roast Venison With Wine
|Leg of venison roast||7 1⁄2 Pound|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Beef broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Burgundy||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 500F.
2) Place 6 bacon slices on inside surface of roast and roll up, and tie securely.
3) Put 3 bacon slices across the top.
4) In a shallow roasting pan, over a rack place the roast.
5) Place in the oven and sear for 10 to 15 minutes.
6) Take the roast out of the oven.
7) Lower the oven temperature to 425F.
8) In a bowl, mix together all the remaining ingredients and pour over roast.
9) Cover the pan with foil.
10) Place in the oven and roast, basting occasionally with pan drippings for 2-1/2 to 3 hours, until meat is tender.
11) Place the roast on heated serving platter.
12) Pass the pan drippings through muslin cloth and stream over the roast.
13) Serve hot immediately.