Oranges In Red Wine
|Red wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grand marnier||1 Tablespoon|
1) Using a zester, make fine strips of the zest of oranges.
2) With the help of a sharp paring knife, peel all the oranges. Discard all the white membrane, making sure to cut as little of the pulp as possible.
3) Take a large bowl or compote and place all the oranges.
4) In a saucepan,mix together wine, sugar, and star anise.
5) Allow the mixture to boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes, or until the volume reduces to 1 1/2 cups.
6) Now add the Grand Marnier,stir well and set aside the mixture to cool.
7) Mix only half the orange strips to the syrup and set the rest aside for garnish.
8) Pour the syrup over the oranges in the bowl or compote.
9) Garnish with the reserved orange rinds.
10) Serve at room temperature.
Calories 292 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.69 g1.1%
Saturated Fat 0.04 g0.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0.2 mg0.01%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 39.5 g
Protein 1 g3%
Vitamin A 7.4% Vitamin C 119.3%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet