Pears In Wine
|Dry red wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pears||6 , peeled (Whole)|
|Lemon||1 , peeled|
1. In a small saucepan combine the wine and sugar
2. Place the pan over a medium low flame and bring the wine to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
3. Once the liquid has slightly reduced and thickened to syrup, take pan off the flame.
4. Stir in the lemon peel and food coloring if using.
5. In a 3 or 4 quart slow cooker or a crock pot, arrange the pears preferably in an upright position.
6. Pour the wine syrup over the pears.
7. Cover pot tightly with its lid.
8. Cook the pears on LOW for almost 6 hours until they are fork tender.
9. Transfer the pears to serving plate or dishes.
10. Spoon the wine sauce over the pears.
11. Serve the pears warm or cold if you like.